Welcome to SMCPA!
By joining SMCPA, you are joining your community of psychologists. As a member, you are entitled to participate in a host of activities, including:
- Networking opportunities & professional community: Meet, socialize, collaborate, and network with other psychologists in San Mateo County and neighboring associations
- Ongoing CE courses (reduced fee for members)
- New Member events
- Online member forums for exchanging referrals, job opportunities, office rentals, and clinical and business information.
- Book club and film club
- Online professional profile on SMCPA website
- Opportunities to give presentations and market your practice in the community
- Updates on local and state legislation and how to get involved
- Opportunities to serve on the SMCPA board and get involved in various committees
- Mentoring from psychologists with experience being in private practice in the area
In addition, by joining your local community of psychologists and supporting your profession, you have the option of becoming more actively involved at the local and state level.
Classes of Membership
Full Member: Holders of a doctorate in psychology or a license as a psychologist in the State of California, or a Diplomat of the American Board of Professional Psychology. Licensed Educational Psychologists are accepted on the same basis as Licensed Psychologists. Full Members have all of the rights and privileges of SMCPA membership, including the right to vote and serve on the Board. Note that Board positions require that SMCPA members also hold a membership in CPA as we are a subchapter of CPA. Annual fee: Full Members $150
Associate Member: Holders of a master’s degree in psychology or an equivalent degree. Associate Members have all of the rights and privileges of SMCPA membership except the right to vote or serve on the Board. Annual fee: $100.
Early Career Psychologist: Licensed three years or less. Annual fee: $80
Student Member: Must be enrolled in a graduate psychology program or engaged in a post-doctoral psychology training program. Student Members have all of the rights and privileges of SMCPA membership except the right to vote or serve on the Board. Annual fee: $20
Honorary Life Member: Any member who (1) is age 65 or older and has been a member of SMCPA for twenty (20) years or (2) is an SMCPA member who, regardless of age or length of membership, is unable to work due to a permanent disability. Life Members retain the rights and privileges of the membership class that they had held. Annual fee: Free.
You can join SMCPA online Member Signup / Information
Please note that all of your contact information (name, phone number, email address, street address) will be visible to the public. Only include professional information.